Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Growning Your Hair Out? Here's Some Ways To Help!

I decided last year after having my hair short for 11 years, that I was going to grow it back out. I did the crazy "my boyfriend, or in my case fiance cheated on me so I want to do something drastic" cut my hair off really short thing! Which at the time seemed empowering, but my mom cried when she saw what I had done. I loved it though! It was easy and cute, but when I started seeing all of these beautiful actresses with their flowing manes, cascading down their shoulders and backs it made me want my hair back! I spoke to my amazing stylist and we decided that if I came in and said to cut my hair off because I was tired of it, she was to NOT LISTEN TO ME! So that started this tedious process of growing my hair out. I read everything on tips of how to grow out your hair faster, some were just ridiculous, but some made since. These are the tips that I am using to help my hair, they may not work for you, but so far I have had success. 

I have super thick hair so I can not wash my hair everyday, I can go for 2-3 days without washing it usually. I use 3 different shampoos and conditioners, I use a different one each time I wash my hair. I like to mix it up I think it keeps your hair from looking dull. I use Moroccan Oil, Lanza Healing Color Care, and Nioxin Scalp Treatment. After I get out of the shower I use a pick and then I use Moroccan Oil treatment in distribute it evenly throughout the ends of my hair and what is left over on my hands I run through the top part (do not use a lot on the top or it will look greasy.) I then twist my hair up in a towel and let it dry for a few minutes . I then dry it, and most days I don't use styling products or hot irons on my hair. This really has helped out with the split end situation. 



I read up on a lot of vitamins, and how Biotin and B vitamins are the main two components of growing and maintaining strong and healthy hair. Also Vitamins A, C, and E helps with keeping your immune system functioning properly, good blood circulation, and increases the uptake of oxygen which increases circulation the scalp and follicles which can speed hair growth! I love the Hair Skin & Nail vitamin by Natures Bounty. I take 3 tablets everyday, and I could really tell a difference within 2 weeks of taking them. 

   Trimming your hair is a necessity. The brushing and styling of your hair everyday takes it toll. I have a set appointment with my stylist around the seventh of every month, I usually can go two months but not longer without a trim. Now when I say trim, I mean she is just snipping of the very ends of my hair all over nothing more. I have scene some women who do not trim their hair while growing it out, and their hair looks dead. When a strand of hair is split at the end, if you do not cut it of it can split the whole strand of hair. That is when your hair ends of looking fried and dead. 

   A good balanced diet is also key for growing your hair out. You need a wide variety of foods in you diet. Dark green vegetables like broccoli, also salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which support scalp help. Would you believe that beans are also an important part of healthy hair? Not only do they provide protein, but also iron, zinc, and biotin. Also you need to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day!


So I hope I have inspired some of you who are trying to grow your hair out, to not give up! We can do this, it takes patients for good things to happen. Or at least that's what my momma says!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers