Monday, May 7, 2012

Just As Soon As I Get What I Want I, I Get Unsatisfied. I Have A Void To Fill.

I was running through some of my old cd's the other day when I was out running around and I came across Sara Evans "Born to fly" and I popped it in. It is amazing how a song can fit you life isn't it? I started listening to "I keep looking," and it reminded me of myself so much it was crazy. For instance I purchased 2 cell phone covers recently and in anticipation of them arriving I would track the package at least 3 times a day. When they finally arrived and I opened them, well it was like the "new" had already wore off. I just kind of looked at them like "hum, those are cute," and tossed in the pile of all my other phone cases. WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS CRAP!?!? I mean seriously I do this all the time, I have a great life, great job, great friends and family, but I have this void in my life that is never able to be filled with anything that I think I need/want. Do you ever do the same thing or am I the only one who is this "odd?" 


I am doing a lot a soul searching recently and this just happens to be one of my big issues, along with others that I am working on. Do you have any advice?

1 comment:

  1. "There's a God-shaped hole in all of us and a restless soul that's searching..." Plumb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers