Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mr & Mrs. Michael Sarhan

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have the pleasure of introducing Mr. & Mrs. Michael Sarhan! 


On April 14, 2012 my oldest sister Talitha, married Mr. Michael Sarhan. They are so great together, just being around them makes me long to have what they have. They decided to go a different route than the traditional church wedding, and went for a ocean front ceremony in Folly Beach, SC. We arrived Thursday evening in Folly, where we rented a condo. The condo was beyond anything I had ever imagined! Three stories, three bedrooms, three bathrooms, hardwood floors, granite counter tops. The view from the two decks were breathtaking! 


I awoke every morning, to the sound of seagulls and the near by ocean smell, and not a care in the world. Folly is a small community where everyone says hello, and they have some really great food! We ate at a couple of different local places, The Crab Shack, The Black Magic, and The Brick House. I was in heaven with all of the fresh sea food that was available, YUM! I met Michale's parents and friends he grew up with , I am happy to say I now have more great friends in this great life! The day before the wedding Talitha and Michael surprised both of their parents by getting them gift certificates to eat at one of the highly recommended restaurants in Charleston, McCrady's. The owner and operator of McCrady's is Sean Brock a local Pound, VA good ol' boy! They said the food was incredible, and could not wait to go back! Sean came out and shook hands with them and said that he was so happy to have people from his hometown in his restaurant! 


 The younger crowd went to a local Plantation, turned restaurant called The Brick House. That is where we all got to talk and get to know each other a little better! I sat with Michael's friends Elizabeth and her fiance Marcos. I also sat with Matt Jones, who is a friend of Talitha's from there in North Charleston. I was nervous meeting everyone at first but after talking I felt right at home around everyone! We had a little surprise for Talitha though!! Our younger sister Talena didn't think she was going to be able to get leave to come to the wedding, but on Thursday afternoon she called and said that her leave had been approved! She would be arriving in Charleston at 11 pm Friday night, and didn't want us to tell Talitha! When Talena arrived at the condo she snuck upstairs and scared Talitha, so much that she dropped the F-bomb in front of mom and dad!!! Talitha and Michael were so happy that she was able to attend, and so was I! The day of the wedding I woke up and was worried Talitha would be stressing out, but nope not her! She was cool, calm and collected! Her friends that work at the spa with her came down to do her hair, and make up. Amber did and AMAZING job! Talitha looked so beautiful, it made me cry when I saw her when I got to her room at the hotel. 


The people who took care of the flowers for her, also did a really great job! They looked like something out of a magazine!  The ceremony was short and sweet, and afterwards we took some photos, then headed to the reception. Michael's parents hosted the reception and they did a really great job! Everything was perfect! Keeping up with the non-traditional Talitha decided she wanted cupcakes instead of one big cake. I loved this idea! The chocolate ones, were OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!!!


My father gave a really sweet speech, which made almost all of us cry happy tears, then right before he sat down he said "Hold on....., one more thing Michael." I knew what was coming and could not wait to see Michael's expression! A year earlier Michael had told my father (as a joke of course) that he expected a dowry of 41 sheep for Talitha. So mom bought a stuffed sheep and this what dad handed to Michael saying, "You asked for 41 sheep. Here is the first installment. You will receive 1 sheep a year from now on!" Priceless!


After the reception Talitha had planned to do a "trash the dress" photo shoot with Michael, and only a select few of us knew about it. Here are some of the photos that were taken. 



So here's to Michael and Talitha, may you lives be blessed with all that God has to offer you! I love you both so much! Welcome to the family Michael!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for all of your sweet messages! I love reading them, so keep them coming!

Twana

Followers